Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 6.1 Chris: wakeup fail

Yesterday (Day 5) was great: I felt awake the whole day and really didn't have any problems at all.

5.4 Eric and I stayed up and worked on our electronic course since we have a test at 1300.
Anyways, around 4 a.m. I started to get pretty tired, so I suppose my body was getting right on track.

6.1 My alarm clock went off at 7 a.m., as usual since Monday, and I simply shut it off and crawled back into bed!
Then, at 0820, a friend comes by to pick something up (we didn't have class this morning and he knows I'm on everyman and therefore supposed I was already wide awake).
Anyways, he woke me up (second wakeup). When I realize what time it is, I decided to make sure that even if I crawled back into bed, I wouldn't go asleep. So I turn all the lights on, open the shades (my room is very bright in the morning) etc. etc.
Nevertheless, I managed to sleep again until 0930! Darn ... to say the least.

The worst part of it all is that even if I slept almost twice as long as my core sleep, I'm more tired now than I was yesterday at 0700.

Conclusion: you get tired when you don't sleep enough, but the same thing happens when you sleep too much.

Second conclusion: when I was reading about everyman, everybody said the two or three couple of days were difficult because you have some sleep deprivation. I also read that your body only adapts after about a week or two.
What I think happens after the sleep deprivation period is that your body is adapted to the naps but still has to change its core sleep cycles, which used to be long, in order for them to sum up to three hours.

That would actually explain why, when I wake up, I am more awake after naps than after my core sleep. That should change pretty soon though. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment